MY ONE YEAR INTERLOC-SEMI FREEFORM ANNIVERSARY PHOTOS
WOW, how time flys. ONE YEAR INTERLOC-SEMI FREEFORM ANNIVERSARY!!!
From the day I decided to restart my Loc Journey December 26, 2016 (my second set). I was not sure if I would make it to one year without taking them down.
In the beginning, the thinness and scalpy look did bother me a lot. But as time passed I embraced the thinness and scalpy look.
Also, throughout the one year journey, I have only interlocked maintenance 2 times. The first tightening was done June 2, 2017, and the second tightening was done December 23, 2017.
Since that time the only maintenance I have done on my monthly routine is to wash, condition, separate locs from joining and greasing my scalp with essential oils.
My list of the main products I am using on my Natural Hair and their benefits for my hair growth.
- My main moisture source has been “WATER“.
- My second moisture source has been Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Juice from Walmart
- ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda – used in place of shampoo for clarifying my hair once a month and removing product build-up.
- Unrefined Virgin Coconut Oil – used once a week for hair growth. This product is an excellent use for skin and hair. It is unrefined non-processed. I use it as a lotion and deodorant too.
- Listerine Antiseptic Mouth Rinse – used to control dandruff and helped with my traction alopecia (scalp burning sensation). I would rub this in using a cotton ball before clarifying wash of my hair once a month.
- Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar: Certified raw organic apple cider vinegar is unfiltered, unheated and has 5% acidity.Used as a rinse after clarifying my hair.
Last But Not LEAST: MY OWN ESSENTIAL OILS HAIR CARE FORMULA
LAUNCH coming soon
7.L.O.C.S. OF HAIR – LOVE OF CROWN STRENGTH
NOTE: You can see my entire PHOTO Journey through photos on my
“Pinterest Board” click the link
“Life Is Only What You Make It”
Vernessie M. Joseph-Burbank